Articulation Station has 6 awesome activities at the word, sentence and story levels allowing you to follow the process of articulation therapy. Rather than focusing on handouts/worksheets this application is a more engaging experience for both you and your child.
Below are features of this app:
Word Level Activities
- These flashcards are real life images that are attention grabbers.
- Audio reinforcement is also included, allowing children to tap the card if they can’t remember the word.
- Matching is an interactive game with images from the flashcards.
- Images are laid out in a grid face down, and players take turns flipping pairs of cards over. On each turn, the player will first turn one card over, then a second. Practice each word as you flip them over or when you match a pair!
- You can also tap the card to hear the name of the word that is pictured.
Sentence Level Activities
- Rotating Sentences
- Interactive activity as each sentence is repetitive where only the target word changes.
- Multiple target words are provided within the sentence.
- Each sentence has visuals and audio reinforcement to help younger children learn how to say the sentences independently.
- Unique Sentences
- Over 1,000 unique sentences for target sounds.
- New sentences for every target word, with at least 3 additional target words within the sentence.
Story Level Activities
- Level 1
- The short, rhyming and sometimes repetitive stories are paired with picture prompts and audio reinforcement to make retelling the story easier, especially for non-readers.
- Each story has multiple target words which maximizes practice opportunities of the target sound in a story environment.
- At the end of each story, there are comprehension questions to provide an opportunity to practice the target sound in more spontaneous speech.
- Level 2
- These stories are more advanced with longer stories and larger vocabulary.
- There are comprehension questions at the end of these stories as well. The questions test their comprehension and retention, as well as, provide yet another opportunity to practice the target sound.
*A fantastic feature in Articulation Station*
- Audio Recording & Playback – In each of the 6 activities in Articulation Station you can record a child’s response and then play it back. This is great for teaching self-monitoring and the kids love to hear themselves when the audio is played back!
I use this application in majority of my speech sessions!